Friday, June 24, 2011

Caramel Cravings

Midwife appointment yesterday!

Darling dutch midwife Titiana took care of us this round and she ended each phrase with a cute high-pitched word.

"I can tell you didn't PEEEeee" she squeaks while feeling my tummy. Adorable.

Then I had to weigh myself and I couldn't remember how to use those tall standing doctor scales so I hopped on the small dial one and I haven't gained a pound. They said it's quite alright, most of the gaining comes later. I had such a slow metabolism before and that's why I was so nauseous when I began the prenatal vitamins. My body was really working overtime! I tried showing Phil the doctor scale I couldn't figure out but he explained later he didn't want to be the ONE boy in the ONE office washroom with a line up of pregnant ladies. Oh hehe.

I feel great now and all is well with baby they said as they explained about the first ultrasound :)

We're 15 weeks and 6 days today. It doesn't look like we will get in for our next ultrasound until closer to 20 weeks but I get to go and give more blood as soon as possible. Joy.

So for all you boy or girl askers please stop! You're making me more impatient than I already am! Yes Melissa DiMarco I'm speaking to you! lol. My boss is convinced it's a boy because of this photo:

We heard our baby's heart beat again. This time she found it really fast and said the baby was moving (heartbeat was 150). I love these appointments because I feel they really bring us back down to our zen from all the work, deadlines and approaching commitments. I know we always walk away feeling better, stronger and happier.

Cravings: Oh la Caramel! The last two days in a row I've enjoyed an iced Caramel Macchiato (with Soy) and a Caramel Frappuccino (no whip but keep the caramel drizzle!) from Starbucks. I love working in the same building as a Starbucks :)
Iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks.com


xox Happy Pregnant lady

No comments:

Post a Comment